Monday, April 2, 2018

Today, Tomorrow, and Forever

Hello everyone! This week was so so busy. Even though it's Easter break and Oxford Rd was totally dead, we went finding in Piccadilly Gardens and all I can says is WOW. Lots of interesting folks.

On Friday and Saturday we did a massive street display for the Church's #AlwaysThere Easter initiative where we asked people to write on a sticky note a time when Jesus Christ was there for them. We had to bribe people with candy but it was a huge success. We had people from all over the world, and all different religions sign it. One Chinese man wrote in characters "Today, Tomorrow and Forever!" I love that.

We got to meet with Chuyun to discuss her baptism and she is so excited! April 26! Hopefully we can get her spiritually prepared. She's so amazing. Something I've had the best time watching the unbelievable change in her as she comes closer to Heavenly Father. Her attitude, her countenance, her outlook on life is so so different from when we first met her. It's been really amazing to witness.

Other than that it was CONFERENCE WEEKEND! I can't believe last conference, I was in the Provo MTC sitting in a room with 3,500 other missionaries. Conference on a mission is the best. I'm 7 hours ahead of you 'mericans so we watched the Saturday morning live at 5pm and then watch Saturday afternoon and Sunday morning on Sunday and we are watching Sunday afternoon today! It was fun to see Elders Wakolo and DeFeo at the pulpit because I've had the opportunity on my mission to meet both of them! I particularly enjoyed Elder Brian K Taylor's talk reminding us that we are all children of God as well as President Eyring's talk on receiving personal revelation. How amazing was it to stand as an entire church and sustain our new prophet! I could go on and on.

Today for pday, we got up at 4:30AM to go to the Preston England Temple. This is my first time at the Preston temple! I haven't been since the Provo MTC. There are 4 days a year that my mission is allowed to go to the temple so I'm taking every opportunity.

Well that was my week! I love you all! Congrats to all my friends getting their mission calls over the past couple weeks. I can testify that missions truly are life changing!

Cheers,

Sister Gilland
England Manchester Mission

Pics:
1- Our Easter Street display
2- Preston England Temple (yes it was raining)
3-Mi companga (My Italian is on point)

No comments:

Post a Comment