Monday, April 23, 2018

Sunburned in England

OK from here on out in my emails, when I spell things slightly different (honour, baptise, favourite, etc) it's because my tablet auto corrects to 'England English' rather than American and I can't be bothered to fix it. Sorry not sorry. Also, it's been a whole year since I opened my mission call. It's so crazy this time last year, I was wondering about where I'd be for the next 18 months and here I am a year later, serving in the heart of my dream mission!

There was sunshine in our souls this week. It was beautiful outside. It was like 70 degrees so basically a total heatwave. We were out finding and I didn't think to wear sunscreen and I came home and looked in the mirror and got fried. My body was not prepared for that level of sun at all. Also I'm actually pretty grateful I'm not serving somewhere hot because  I think I would die.

We've finished all the lessons with chuyun! She passed her Baptismal Interview and is getting baptised THIS WEEK on Thursday. Also a girl found by the other sisters, named Shantel (from London) is getting baptised the same day so #DoubleBaptism. Everyone pray that Satan doesn't screw this up!!:')

Manchester Stake Conference was Sunday and it was so good. President McReynolds and his wife spoke, as well as the Stake President and Europe Area Seventy, Elder Johnson. We talked a lot about revelation and also how we can be better ministers.
The scripture Mosiah 23:18 was brought up in stake conference and I want to share it with yall.
"Therefore they did watch over their people, and did nourish them with things pertaining to righteousness."

I invite yall this week to pray for someone that you can help! I know the lord will answer you and you and the person you help will be blessed!

Have a good week everyone!

Pictures include us drinking hot chocolate with Chuyun (we're trying to get her to substitute tea--she hated it)
& me and my companion doing weekly planning on our balcony cuz the sun was shining!!


No comments:

Post a Comment