Monday, April 9, 2018

The Best Fellowshipper is the Mission President

Hello everyone! Its starting to warm up (kinda) over here! England's weird in that, the morning is warm and then it gets colder in the afternoon. I don't understand it but I am just awaiting the first day of my mission that I don't have to wear a coat.

Well we had Zone Conference Tuesday and it was really good. We learned about improving our teaching skills and asking inspired questions through the power if the spirit. It's amazing in a lesson when you genuinely teach by the spirit. Right after Zone Conference, President McReynolds stayed after to hold interviews and I asked him previously if he would come teach Diego with us (fellowship) . For those of you who don't remember good ole Diego,  he's the lad who has been dated for baptism 3 times and canceled his most recent baptism two days before. I still love him and I'm still determined to get him baptized. Anyways after sitting in a lesson with President, I'm pretty sure he could convert the Pope. It was so amazing and the spirit was so incredibly strong. Though Diego still hasn't changed his mind (yet) I know his heart was softened that day.

Other than that, Chuyun is continuing to progress. We taught her some of the commandments and she was already following them so that was a huge blessing. Still dated for April 26! All our other investigators are still out of town, Easter break will be the death of me.

Something super fun was our electricity went out for two days! Our flat's electric heating, stove, washing machine, refrigerator, water heater, lights were all gone. It was cold and dark. Practically outer darkness. I can cross off taking a freezing shower in pitch black off the missionary bucket list. Lol it's fine! We got it sorted in 2 days so all is well. My heart goes out to all you missionaries serving in places that don't have electricity.

Sunday was interesting because the entire YSA was at a YSA Convention including the bishopric. So our Sacrament meeting consisted of 10 missionaries, 3 members who did not attend the Convention, and 4 investigators. Lol it was pretty funny. Two elders conducted and we carried on with a testimony meeting and the spirit was still just as strong. Our investigators Chuyun and Diego actually really enjoyed it.

Well I've been reading in the old testament lately and a verse stuck out to me in Psalms 34: 8 "O taste and see that the Lord is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in him."
I really love that. I know it can be hard for many of us to put our trust in others. It's hard to put our trust into something/someone we don't know a lot about. My invitation to you all is to heed the counsel of Elder Brian K Taylor in his conference talk and to come to know God by studying the word of God-the scriptures. I know that as I've done this on my mission, I've learned so much about Him and His plan for me.

Love yall lots!

Sister Gilland
England Manchester Mission

Here's a Zone Conference Pic. Manchester and Manchester South Zones:)

No comments:

Post a Comment