Monday, March 26, 2018

#AlwaysThere

Hello everyone! This week was pretty good. I can't believe we are approaching April! So crazy.

On Tuesday I said goodbye to Sister Westover and basically bawled my eyes out. My new companion, Sister Mastroianni is super good. She's 22 and like 5 feet tall and so cute. She's from Napoles, Italy and has only been a member for 2 years! Her English is decent but she gives herself a hard time. Ive already learned so much from her.

Well this week has been tough because all the university students are going on Easter break so we couldn't really set up any appointments. It was also a bit stressful because I've had to be senior companion in an area I know so little about. We spent most of the week finding on Oxford road. This week especially there were so many people bashing us. It's funny to me how at the beginning of my mission, rejection and people bashing us used to make me so sad and discouraged but now it doesn't even phase me!

Huge miracle happened Sunday. We had no one scheduled to come to church cuz everyone's out of town. As soon as Sacrament started, a man me and Sister Westover met on the street a couple weeks ago came it! It was a man named Ken from Taiwan. Miracle!

Huge miracle pt 2 happened THIS  MORNING. On Friday, we met with an investigator, Chuyun and she was going through a lot and having a hard time so I mentioned receiving a priesthood blessing. She said the moment she got it, she felt strength. This morning we woke up to a message from her saying that she wanted to be baptized before she returns to China and to pray for a date for her. WHAT. Priesthood Power People!

The church has come out with an Easter Campaign called #AlwaysThere. I'm excited because as a district we have discussed ways we can use this for our street displays. I've been thinking a lot about the message of a Savior who really is 'always there' for us. I know the Savior has been there for me countless times in my life. I think since coming on my mission, I've been able to recognize his role as my Savior and Redeemer more clearly. In D&C 76:22 Joseph Smith says,
 “And now, after the many testimonies which have been given of him, this is the testimony, last of all, which we give of him: That he lives!”

I know He lives. Love you all! Happy Easter/General Conference/April Fools  this week!

Sister Gilland
England Manchester Mission

Pic 1#Candid
Pic 2 Chuyun! (with my previous comp Sister westover #rip)
Pic 3 china town in Manchester
Pic 4 Found out the only taco bell in our mission is 10 minutes from our flat #BLESSED

No comments:

Post a Comment