Monday, March 12, 2018

6 Months! + Happy British Mother's Day!

Hiiiii everybody! This week was really good! Every day just seemed to get better. I love being a missionary! Also yesterday was Mother's Day in the UK. Unfortunately mom, I don't get to FaceTime you til American Mother's Day. But I thought of ya all day! Also tomorrow I hit my 6 month mark. I can't believe it. Just like that, a third of my mission GONE.

Well Thursday, the Elders had a Baptism for their friend, Luis from Ecuador. We were able to bring our two most progressing friends, Lucy and Diego. Lucy was really amazed by it and she said on her bus home, she was thinking about it so much that she actually missed her stop. How precious is that?! Diego also loved it and passed his baptismal interview and is getting baptized Thursday the 15th of March!  After the baptism, he said, "I'm ready to live a life trying to be like Jesus." He is so ready!

Update on my Chinese... I'm basically fluent now. Lol jk but I'm actually starting to pick up a couple of phrases. Hats off to all you missionaries who learned a language. I can barely teach the gospel in English.

Omg transfer calls are this week! Time needs to chill! I'm really hoping I'm granted another 6 weeks in YSA. I really love it here and I love my companion. I could honestly serve my whole mission with her. Hopefully nobody gets transferred!

Also yesterday while street contacting, I ran into a knee high cement post. Whose idea was it to put a knee high cement post in the middle of a side walk? Luckily I didn't roll into the street and get hit by a bus! :)

To end on a spiritual note....
Something that hit me this week is that the Lord truly puts people in the right place at the right time. Coming to England, I thought I'd only be teaching British people but boy was I wrong. Every day, I meet people from all over the world. Our current teaching pool consists of people from England, China, Japan, Columbia, and Ecuador.  I'm so grateful that the Lord has placed me here in Manchester at this exact moment so that I can meet such amazing and diverse people.
Mosiah 3: 20 "And moreover, I say unto you, that the time shall come when the knowledge of a Savior shall spread throughout every nation, kindred, tongue, and people."
I know that to be true! Love y'all lots! Xx

Sister Gilland
England Manchester Mission

Picture: Sister Wood asked if this was Big Ben and we all made fun of her 


No comments:

Post a Comment