Monday, March 5, 2018

Blood Puddin Ain't Bad

HELLO! This week was super good! Oh my heck it was so cold! Nobody warned me England was this cold! Apparently it hasn't been this cold in Manchester in decades. I just want it to be spring!  We had lots of lessons and and our investigators are still continuing to progress. We had a hard time finding this week because it was so cold.

We had a really powerful lesson with our star investigator, Lucy. She told us she feels different when she comes to church. She loves the atmosphere and the YSA community.  She has a few concerns but she is so solid. We are hoping to get her on date this week.

Another investigator, Diego from Columbia is super solid and officially on date for baptism! He's investigated the church since October and he's finally decided that he wants to be baptized! On Sunday, we took him to our New Member Fireside in Liverpool and he loved it. He is amazing!

Something fun that happened this week was on Saturday, the YSA missionaries (all 10 of us) were invited to breakfast at the bishops house. We had a 'proper English breakfast' which consisted of eggs, bacon (ham), beans on toast, sausage, tomato, mushrooms, and blood pudding. Blood pudding is fried sheep's blood in a patty. It tasted like stuffing to be honest.
On the way home from breakfast, I was chatting with bishops wife and turns out, she and her family had my dad over for dinner back when he served here! It's crazy how many people I've run into that know Elder Gilland!

Well this week a scripture popped out to me found in Deuteronomy 4:29 "But if from thence thou shalt seek the Lord thy God, thou shalt find him, if thou seek him with all thy heart and with all thy soul."
This scripture was shown to me my sophomore year of high school in seminary. Back then, I really didn't have a huge understanding of this gospel. Now I'm not saying I know everything but I do know that there is a God who loves us all so much. That's the first thing I teach to people. It is most important. I challenge you all to seek the lord this week!

Sorry no pics this week! Love yall!

Sister Gilland
England Manchester Mission

No comments:

Post a Comment