Monday, January 29, 2018

Curveball After Curveball

Hello everyone! How are yall?? My week was alright, I had some of the best fish n chips of my life...but lots of hard and annoying things happened. Satan is definitely aware of missionaries and our dated investigators.

Pat
So things with Pat have gotten a bit difficult. In the two weeks that we've known her, she has lost her partner of 40 years, her dogs, and her house. She suffered from a stroke, and she's experienced difficult family circumstances. Anyways, she's been sick this week and we visited her nearly every day and sadly we had to reschedule her baptismal interview because of illness. By postponing the baptismal interview, we have had to postpone the baptism to February 17.
I was disappointed, upset, and completely heartbroken, because I know how ready she is for this. I've seen her grow so much and it just buggs me how everyone is dragging their feet!

Mahmoud
On Saturday, on the bus, a man looked at me and said in an unfamiliar accent that I just  looked so happy! He sat down and saw my tag and said "Oh that's why! You represent Jesus Christ!" Well we got to talking and his name is Mahmoud and he is from Jerusalem (crazy huh?). He was brought up Muslim but was very interested in learning more about the church. I told him to come church the next day and he said he would and guess what...HE CAME! Lol he showed up at the Catholic church nextdoor and we ran over and got him the heck outta there. He was working so he couldn't make it to sacrament but we were able to just go in a classroom and teach him the restoration. And then all of the sudden I heard myself asking him if he wanted to be baptized. Well he said he would and we have him dated for February 24! Unfortunately he lives in Liverpool so he's not technically in our area so we will probably teach him a bit and then refer him to the missionaries in Liverpool. He works at a Chippy in Birkenhead so he said we can come by for free food whenever we wanted. #tendermercy

Transfers Approaching
Ok so the transfer is coming to an end! Transfer planning is THIS WEEK and we should get a call Saturday or Sunday letting us know who's gettin the boot. The ward is well aware that transfers are next Monday so we are fully booked in tea appointments. I'm most likely to get transferred because I've been here the longest . But I don't know, I think I might stay! We'll see! Maybe I'll get transferred to Liverpool and get to teach Mahmoud!

Well this week honestly felt like one bad thing after the other. It's frustrating to have to deal with all of Satan's curveballs but I know there is a purpose behind each one. I realized this week how crucial it is to really forget myself. Forget my thoughts, worries, concerns, problems, etc and really do my absolute best to be an instrument in the Lord's hands. I was reading in D&C section 98 and came across a verse that really struck me.
"3 Therefore, he giveth this promise unto you, with an immutable covenant that they shall be fulfilled; and all things wherewith you have been afflicted shall work together for your good, and to my name’s glory, saith the Lord."
The word 'immutable' is super powerful. It means that the covenants we make with the Lord  cannot change. Later we will see that all of life's challenges or afflictions, were for our good. He will always fulfil his promises as long as we do our part! Always.

Love you all! I'm so excited to hear Federer won the Australian Open! Numba #20!
Have a good week everyone! Email meee!



Sister Gilland ðŸ’•
1- Someone at a street display gave me a bubblegum flavored soda. Lol it was so bad.
2- tribute to Federer's big W yesterday! #trunky 



 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment