Tuesday, January 2, 2018

Christmas With The Kennys



HELLO 2018
Hiya everyone! This week was one of the best weeks of my mission! So so good! Missions have lots of ups and downs and this week seemed to have a lot of ups! 

Back to the Grind 
Well the day after Boxing Day we went right back into missionary mode and had a District Meeting. After that, the 10 of us did a street display which went super well. Found two new investigators that we will follow up with this week!  

Exchanges in Runcorn!
I went on exchanges with my Sister Training Leader, Sister Sutherland (from Jamaica) in Runcorn. It was pretty good. I just really love my area and being away from it makes me legit homesick!  lol everyone please pray I don't get transferred...like ever. 

CHRISTMAS WITH THE KENNY'S 
Highlight of my week was definetly Thursday night. The Kennys are a family my dad baptized (I've mentioned them before). Well my presisent gave us permission to go outside our zone to their house up in Liverpool for tea! Brother and Sister Kenny have 5 grown up kids, and 13 grandchildren and they were ALL THERE. Crammed into a tiny English house #typical. But I gotta give thanks to my dad because I was treated like royalty over there. They have our Family Christmas card framed haha so cute! They gave us lots of presents and food to take home too haha #blessed. It was so fun being with a family that means so much to my dad! 

**Explanation for the Subject Line**
So apparently my dad may have needed a little push to go on his mission so he may have been bribed by my grandparents with a Porshe waiting for him for when he got home. I've heard this story from my mission president (who's brother served with my dad) AND again for the Kenny's. So dad what car do I get when I get home????

Talk in Sacrament 
On Christmas Eve, Bishop asked me to give a talk on the following Sunday! Seriously?! Haha but it was ok. One of the Elders spoke too. I had to speak for 20 minutes on the Role of Righteous Women.  The Kenny's came too which was really nice of them! AND they brought us another bag of food haha they're seriously the best. 

Well I finished the Book of Mormon on the LAST DAY of 2017! I started it my first day at the MTC! It was so good to end the year with that. When I finished, the spirit just confirmed everything I already knew to be true. I'm so grateful for the Book of Mormon. I know that it truly is another testament of Jesus Christ! 

Challenge!
Ok this is a big one, I may not even be able to do it but I was challenged by an old seminary teacher to read the ENTIRE standard works (Old Testament, New Testament, Book of Mormon, Docterine Covenants, and Pearl of Great Price) in 365 Days.  That's 7 pages a day folks!  If I don't finish by the end of 2018, I at least want to finish by the time I'm done with my mission. Lucky for me, I have an hour of personal study every day so I've got it easy! But I encourage you all to do that! 

Happy New Year Folks! All y'all should shoot me an email cuz most of you haven't since last year ;) (hahahah I'm so funny)! Anyways, Tara' til next week! 

Sister Gilland 💕

Sorry no pics this week! Hopefully by next week I get the pics that I took at the Kenny's! 

No comments:

Post a Comment