Monday, January 22, 2018

Quite the "Stroke" of Bad Luck



Hello everyone! I hope y'alls week was good! This week has been amazing but let me just say, it's been a eventful. 

New Prophet
First off, it was amazing to see the announcement of the new Prophet. I mean we all pretty much knew but I think it's great that the church made it public.  I remember being 9 years old when President Thomas S. Monson was called. He really was the Prophet of my youth. I miss him but I am so grateful that the church will always have a prophet leading and guiding us. I know President Nelson will be an amazing leader!

Pat!
On Monday, we got a call from our golden investigator Pat telling us that her partner of 40 years (basically husband) passed away.  It was kind of expected.  He drank a lot and he was having liver failure. Despite this tragedy, Pat is still so strong. She said that even though she lost David, she still has this gospel! She's also given up tea and coffee!  Anyways, Sunday, she came to church and we taught her a lesson and then my companion and I went to choir practice with the ward and when we came out of the chapel, we saw an ambulance in the car park and PAT WAS IN IT. So we ran outside and told Pat we loved her and that everything was going to be ok. Then they drove off. It was like a scene from Grey's Anatomy honestly. But as they were leaving, Pat told us she would see us at her house on Tuesday for our lesson. She went home later that day. They think she had a mini stroke  (hence, the punny subject title). We are still planning on a February 3rd Baptism! She's quite the fighter. Keep her in y'alls prayers!
(Lol I'm sorry if the subject title crossed the line but it was too clever not to use + Pat is alive and well so not to worry!)

Surprise Speaker @ Zone Conference
Thursday was Zone Conference in Crewe! President McReynolds is doing this new thing where he asks us all to prepare talks and he chooses 3 'lucky' missionaries to get up and speak in front if everyone.  I thought I'd be off the hook because this is only my third Zone Conference but NOPE!  Me and two elders from Germany and New Zealand each got called up to speak 10 minutes on how a deep understanding of my purpose as a missionary guides my planning and actions each day. Yikes. Haha but it went alright. It was super intimidating being in front of tons of missionaries who have been here a lot longer than me, as well as President and his wife #nopressure.

Well I started Doctrine & Covenants at the beginning of the year and this week, I came across my mission plaque scripture found in section 84.  Verse 88: "And whoso receiveth you, there I will be also, for I will go before your face. I will be on your right hand and on your left, and my Spirit shall be in your hearts, and mine angels round about you, to bear you up."
One of the biggest things I've learned is when I'm at the end of my rope emotionally and spiritually and physically, and then God asks me to go a little further, if I have the faith to do it, to let go, I look down and realize at that moment that I haven't dropped because there are angels round about me to bearing me up! I know that God is definitely aware of me and he's aware of all y'all!

Well that was pretty much my week! I hope you're all doing good across the pond! Keep Pat in yalls prayers! Shoot me an email:) have a good week!xx


Sister Gilland 💕
Pics- 
1- This is for my brother-in-law Miles, Royal Liverpool Golf Course- famous golf course that is in the Open championship rotation. 
2- My adopted Grandparents, the Fieldings. I LOVE senior couples.
3- Zone Conference

No comments:

Post a Comment