Monday, January 15, 2018

We've Struck Gold!


This week was amazing!  After lots of prayer and WEEKS of finding, I'm proud to say that we have found what appears to be a golden investigator. The Lord really does prepare the hearts of his children. They may be few in number here in England, but they exist!

On Wednesday, we got a call from a man in the ward who was referring his sister in law. He said she'd love a visit. Her name is Pat and she's in her early sixties. She has been investigating the church for years.  When we showed up and sat down, she said before we even began, "I want to join the Mormon church". My jaw was on the floor. I honestly thought I was in a dream. My companion and I have both yet to get our first baptism and we could barely contain ourselves. She was curious about life after death so we went on to teach her the Plan of Salvation and then we dated her for February 3 (3 days before transfers!). She came with us to church and stayed the whole time! She already has an amazing support system because she's related to half the ward lol (not kidding). Her nephew is the bishop and will be baptizing her! Legit had tears in my eyes when she said the words, "You two will be the missionaries that brought me to the church." But really, it wasn't even us.  Member missionary work is the way to go. We really couldn't have done this without them. Ahhh she's so prepared! Pray for Pat everyone!

As a district, each companionship got someone on date for baptism! That's like never happened! 

This week was also amazing because we had dinner appointments EVERY night and a couple of lunch appointments as well. Meanwhile, I'm praying I don't gain a stone. Also I'm praying I don't ever leave this area. I'd be down to spend my whole mission here. Every area I serve in is going to be compared to this ward. 

This upcoming week we have Zone Conference which outta be good. I'm excited to see everyone and President and Sister McReynolds and the mission fam. 

Since I'm the most humble person on earth, I had yet to read the famous talk given by Ezra Taft Benson in 1989  'Beware of Pride' until this week! (Hopefully you caught my sarcasm). But this talk was so helpful and really helped me take a step back and evaluate myself. One thing he said was, "When pride has a hold on our hearts, we lose our independence of the world and deliver our freedoms to the bondage of men’s judgment. The world shouts louder than the whisperings of the Holy Ghost. The reasoning of men overrides the revelations of God, and the proud let go of the iron rod."
I think lots of us are unaware if how prideful we are. I know I definitely am. I challenge you all this week to pray for humility. It is something that we should always strive to improve day to day.

Also, I think my body is getting used to the weather here. I'm not constantly shivering anymore! Must be my warm heart ;)!

I'd love to hear from you all! Thanks for the prayers! England is amazing, I know I was definitely supposed to come here! 

Sister Gilland💕

No comments:

Post a Comment