Monday, December 25, 2017

First Christmas From Across the Pond

Hello friends and FAM! I hope you all had an amazing Christmas.  My week was really good. Christmas in England is magical!

My Christmas started off a bit bitter sweet. On Christmas Eve, my Grandmother passed away peacefully. While this for me was a lot to take in, I'm happy to know that she was only separated from her eternal companion for 30 days and she is now reunited with him as well as all of her friends and family and of course, her Heavenly parents. I'm so grateful for the many things she taught me and all the things she did for me. My heart aches that I can't be with my family at this time but I know there's no better place for me to be than here.

Well other than that, my Christmas was still very special. On thursday, the ward got together and did caroling at a homeless shelter which was really fun. On Christmas Eve, our ward had a music program performed by the choir. Lol they had us 4 missionaries participate and sing Away In A Manger- so scary! (btw, none of us can sing!!). The ward was so giving to us and got us so many presents! So blessed! On Christmas day, we went to the Mckee family's house and it was so fun.  It was so good to see my family on skype! We had tons of yummy food and games too.

Today is Boxing Day which is just kinda like second Christmas! You get a yummy dinner, and you're usually around family. And theres tons of sales in stores. We are supposed to ge going shopping and then going to Bishops house for food and games but my companion is unfortunately feeling sick so we may be in the flat all day so that blows but hopefully we can be back at it tomorrow.

I hope all of you had an amazing Christmas! I'm sad that it's over! But I'm grateful that I have another Christmas out here in the field. It really has been an unforgettable Christmas for me. Love yall! Have a Happy New Year!

PS im so sorry if my emails have been coming more than once or not sending at all. I'm hoping I figure out this whole email thing at some point lol.

Sister Gilland 💕

1- mErRy ChRiStMaS!
2- our tree with tons of presents from the sweet ward!
3- the card table (our wards tadition- everyone receives a pile of Christmas cards)
4- Christmas morning
5- Christmas dinner 10/10
I'm such a rookie and I forgot to take the cliche screenshot of my Skype call with my fam. Oh well haha.



No comments:

Post a Comment