Monday, December 11, 2017

So You're Looking For a Miracle Are Ya?

Hi yall! I hope you're all doing amazing! So my week was insane. It probably started off as the worst/hardest week of my mission not gonna lie but, "has the day if miracles ceased???? I say unto you NAY!!!!" 

Well this week started out crazy! On monday, Family Home Evening got a little out of control and an older lady in our ward, Sister Denson took a tumble and actually broke her hip... so that was an interesting start to the week. 

At the beginning of the week, my Mission President sent out a mass text to the whole mission advising us to specifically pray for a miracle in every prayer.  As we did this, our week just seemed to keep getting worse and worse. 

On Sunday, I felt sick so after church we stayed in the flat for half the day.  Monday was zone pday at a trampoline park and I really didn't feel up for it but I didn't want to miss it so I pushed through and it turns out trampoline parks and McDonald's don't do well on a sick stomach....lol I was in the flat the entire next day. I pretty much just felt miserable until Friday. 

MIRACLE
As we continued to pray for a miracle, Friday morning it literally started snowing. Now for me, this was the complete opposite of a miracle, but for my Aussie companion (snow virgin), this was the greatest day of her life.  We continued in the freezing cold and started street contacting and ran into a man called Craig. 
Craig hardly gave us the time of day but said he would take one of our passalong cards as a 'good luck charm'.  We put our number, the post code for the church, and our facebooks on the cards we give out.  But really didn't expect anything from it.  About an hour later, during our companionship study, we received a call from CRAIG. He said that he wanted to come to church with us sunday and he's been "looking for a miracle".
Sunday, he came to church and had the biggest smile on his face. During second hour, we taught him the first lesson. It feels like it's been ages since I've taught but I was able to take the lead and really just teach from the heart.  We gave him a Book of Mormon and he said he'd start reading that day.  Ahhh I just know he's prepared!

From this week I've learned that miracles seem to come at the exact point that we want to give up. Ive realized on my mission that God really likes to test us and push us to the very point that we feel like we can't go any further.  And then He reminds us that He's been there all along by slapping us in the face with a giant miracle. I think in our world today, it's so easy to point out the imperfections of life. There's a lot of horrible things that happen, but I challenge you all to sincerely look for those miracles that really do happen because I testify that they still happen.  My scripture is Moroni 7: 35 & 37
 35 And now, my beloved brethren, if this be the case that these things are true which I have spoken unto you, and God will show unto you, with power and great glory at the last day, that they are true, and if they are true has the day of miracles ceased?
37 Behold I say unto you, Nay; for it is by faith that miracles are wrought; and it is by faith that angels appear and minister unto men; wherefore, if these things have ceased wo be unto the children of men, for it is because of unbelief, and all is vain.

Hope you're all having an amazing Christmas season. And I hope you're all participating in #LightTheWorld ! I'd love to hear from you all! Have a good week! 

Sister Gilland 💕

Pic- We got a lil creative with our street display and wrapped up books of Mormon in christmas wrapping paper. #SHARETHEGIFT 

No comments:

Post a Comment