Monday, October 30, 2017

Miracle on Devonshire Street

Hello friends and fam! Ok first off, I'M SORRY some of y'all can't see my pictures. Technology is wack. If you want to see some from past weeks, here is a link to my blog Sisterlorennicolegilland.blogspot.com 
Shout out to the blogmaster, (my mom lol)

I hope you're all well! This week was AMAZING. 

Lol Funny District Meeting 
Ok so we had district meeting which is normally pretty chill. My comp and I were assigned to lead a training for Preach My Gospel and I wasn't too nervous until I found out my Mission President (super intimidating man) , and the Zone Leaders would be attending.  And since I'm a noob,  I totally didn't know what I was doing lol but it all went ok haha. The Holy Ghost really does put words in our mouths #blessed. 

Interview with Prezo 
After said District Meeting, I got to have my transfer interview with my President which went well. I can't believe transfers are in two weeks. I'm sure I'll be staying in Birkenhead but I'll be getting a new trainer😓.  I absolutely LOVE my President. He's so intimidating but his sense of humor kills me. He very subtly roasts me and it cracks me up and I just laugh at myself all the time. Love him.

Update on Roger
He continues to come to church and he's still progressing. He has some struggles with word of wisdom but the Lord is helping him through it. Still dated for November 11!

BIGGEST MIRACLE OF MY LIFE
On Wednesday afternoon, I experienced the greatest miracle so far. Just some background info: Two weeks ago, an older Sister in the ward introduced us to her neighbour, Kallum. He's 21 and he was somewhat interested in the church but he told us to not come to his house because his family would be super mad, so he didn't give us his address. 
**Fast forward two weeks**
We took a bus to a town called Pensby. Previously, we had met 3 potential investigators all in the same area that we wanted to visit. Well one of them was sick, one wasn't home and one told us never to come back. So we were pretty bummed. We decided to tract Devonshire Street until our tea appointment. On the third door we knocked, KALLUM ANSWERED. When he answered the door, all three of our jaws dropped. And he looked up to the sky and said "thank you". He told us that we came at the perfect time because his family wasn't home. ALSO- He was wearing a primary CTR ring on his pinky!! 
Our area covers over half a million people. We didn't have his address, we weren't even planning on tracting that day and somehow the Lord led us to him. 
He recognized that this was for sure a sign and agreed to meet with us. We met again on Saturday and he seems super interested and is coming to church on Saturday and a SECOND LESSON on Monday

Accidentally tracted a Convent 
Also, while tracting we stumbled into a convent (house for nuns) and had a lovely chat with a cute nun and we are having Dinner with them next week! (casual) I'll update y'all on how that goes! I'm so excited!

One last thought. 
Jacob 6:
5 Wherefore, my beloved brethren, I beseech of you in words of soberness that ye would repent, and come with full purpose of heart, and cleave unto God as he cleaveth unto you. And while his arm of mercy is extended towards you in the light of the day, harden not your 
hearts.
This is what I want all the people who slam doors in my faces to read!!! There's so many people here that don't believe in God.  It hurts my heart that they are so lost and in the crazy world we live in, they have nothing to hang onto with assurance. But GOD IS REAL. I know it. God is our father and we are his children. His arm of mercy is extended towards us! Remember that!

Vocab word: Squash means juice , so when people offer me a cup of squash I always say yes because it's soooo good!

For Pday today we went to the docs that Heber C Kimbal & his associates arrived at 180 years ago to begin the first overseas mission. (EMM)


Pretty sure Liverpool's changed a lot in the last 35 years, Dad. 







Happy Halloween🎃! Love y'all!
Tara' til next week


Sister Gilland ðŸ’•

No comments:

Post a Comment