Monday, October 2, 2017

BYE MTC

Hi family and friends! K I know that I said my next email will be from Manchester, but I just  wanted to give a little update because so many amazing things happened this week!  Sorry not sorry! 
I can't believe I'm done with the MTC! Here's a few things that happened of my week

My "Investigator", Laree:
Our TRC's went great this week. Sister Mills and I met with Laree. She's in her 20's and found out about the church from her roommates. She was drawn to the church because she saw a difference in attitude her roommates had about life.  We had 3 lessons with her and talked about the Restoration and Plan of Salvation. On our third lesson, I gave my companion 'the look' and she nodded and I asked Laree if she wanted to be baptized...YOLO. She responded with a yes! It was such a good feeling!

Funny Story
My close friends will get a kick out if this because they know how clumsy I can be.  Lol so we were packing on Saturday and I was coming down my bunk bed ladder carrying a ton of stuff in both a hands. I totally lost my footing and landed in my companions suitcase FLAT on my back. It didn't hurt and we had a pretty good laugh about it. I knew it was bound to happen. I'll be staying away from the top bunks from now on. LOL

GOODBYES:
I said so many goodbyes this week. I'm sure it won't surprise any of yall that I bawlled my eyes out saying bye to my two sweet teachers, Sister Shaw and Brother Hackman, and my amazing zone and district.  I just wanted to hug them all! But I can't cuz (page 33) ๐Ÿ˜“ I've really grown to love this group and they have been my family in these hard (but wonderful) 3 weeks.  On our last night, we met as a district one last time and had a brief testimony meeting and then received blessings from the elders. For most of them it was their first time giving a blessing. I asked Elder Downey to do mine.  After that cryfest, we stood in a circle outside and sang "God Be With You til We Meet Again". I'm sure I'll see the sisters again when we're in the field. The Elders however will be serving in Billings, Montana and Tucson, Arizona. I know they will be phenomenal missionaries and I'm grateful for all they've taught me.

General Conference:
I felt so blessed to get to spend my last 2 days in the MTC watching General Conference.  All the missionaries were packed in the aus
auditorium. There's something amazing about sitting in a room full of 3000 if the Lord's servants. And ME being one of them!
To my non member friends on this email, General Conference is a time when we all get to hear from the Lord's Prophets, Apostles, and other faithful servants. I strongly encourage you to go to lds.org and watch some of them.  I guarantee that you will get something amazing from it.  

Here's a few of my takeaways:
-LOVED Quinton L Cook's talk because he talked about his mission to England and it got me super pumped. He also talked about how we should all be humble. Definitely needed to hear that cuz I'm the worst at that.
 -Another awesome one was Elder Rasbands. He said "sometimes we consider changes in our plans as missteps in our journey, think of them as first steps in our heavenly fathers plan." 
- I especially loved Elder Zwicks talk because he reference the lion king and who doesn't love that. 
Also there was a scripture referenced THREE times this conference that is on my missionary plaque and in my heart always. D&C 84:88 

"And whoso receiveth you, there I will be also, for I will go before your face. I will be on your right hand and on your left, and my Spirit shall be in your hearts, and mine angels round about you, to bear you up."

I testify that the Lord speaks through these amazing servants. I know that we have a beloved prophet. It hurts my heart that his health is deteriorating but I know that he is an amazing Prophet of the Lord who loves us so much.

I also want to thank everyone for all the amazing emails ,letters and packages!  In the 20 days i was at the MTC, I received TWELVE packages! WHAT?! I've never felt so loved in my life so from the bottom of my heart, thank you. I feel your prayers and pray for you too. Ok for real my NEXT email will be from MANCHESTER. Bye!

Lots of Love

Sister Gilland ๐Ÿ’•


My teacher Sister Shaw

Our last sand volleyball tournament as a zone 

My teacher Brother Hackman

Me and Laree

3. General Conference at the MTC

 President and Sister Martino (MTC Presidents)




The fearless STL's and ZL's of Branch 37

No comments:

Post a Comment