Monday, October 23, 2017

Cold Hands; Warm Heart

It's been getting SUPER cold already here. It's really windy and of course rainy. Every time I shake someone's hands they're like, "WOW your hands are super cold."  And then almost every time they follow with, "must mean you have a warm heart." Apparently it's a common expression here! 

Country Hoppin to Wales🐳 
Tuesday, my comp and I got to go to Wales! I went on exchanges with my STL, Sister Southerland. She's from Jamaica. Anyways She's the sweetest and I learned SO much from her in just a short 24 hour exchange.  Wales is so crazy. All the signs are written in Welsh (and English luckily). 

Zone Conference in Crewe
On Thursday we finally had Zone Conference!  It was in a city called Crewe. We of course got to see good ole President McReynolds and the first thing he said to me was "Wow Sister Gilland, you looked tired"😂... haha thanks prezo...anyways, I learned SO much and got to meet the rest of the Chester Zone as well as New Castle Zone. I love how on a mission, when you're away from your family, members of your zone (really the whole mission) is your temporary family. Fun fact, in my mission there's about 180 missionaries and 40 different nationalities! It was my sweet companions last zone conf so she had to bare her testimony and oh my heck she did so amazing.  She's literally the best missionary in the world.  We are both in denial that she's leaving. 

First Baptism?? (Maybeeee)
Our first lesson with Roger went pretty well!  He's got a few issues with the word of wisdom but he's progressing rapidly and is officially dated for baptism on November 11!  He loves coming to church and the spirit he feels when he listens to our lessons. 
Our teaching pool is a growin. We have THREE investigators and TONS of potential investigators

We had Stake Conference which was really good. A recent convert drove us and was asked to share her conversion story at conference. She's like 24 and she's so cute and she was SO nervous but she did amazing!  The rest of stake conference was so good. My Mission President and his wife both spoke and then the Stake President spoke and talked all about member missionary work and he announced that they will be doing a stake wide fast for the missionaries to find success. Its a good time to be a missionary in the EMM. 🇬🇧

Today was such a good Pday! We got to go to Conaway castle! 🏰It was so gorgeous and we got to go with our district and I love them all so much! Such a fun day! I'll send pics!

One last thought
I probably sound like I'm just repeating myself but if there's one thing that I've learned out here so far, it's that the savior is your BEST FRIEND.  I loved what my mission President said in stake conferemce. "When we feel so achingly alone, so wrecked in anguish, so overwhlmed with sin, remember that HE descended below all things in that he comprehended all things."
The savior can not only sympathize with us but he can also empathize. He suffered all pains and sorrows for us. The atonement is the greatest gift we have. As a missionary, I've had to rely on the savior every single day. When I'm tracting in the pouring rain and I'm soaking wet and cold I can always turn to my savior because he has felt that. 

Mosiah 3: 
7 And lo, he shall suffer temptations, and pain of body, hunger, thirst, and fatigue, even more than man can suffer, except it be unto death; for behold, blood cometh from every pore, so great shall be his anguish for the wickedness and the abominations of his people.
8 And he shall be called Jesus Christ, the Son of God, the Father of heaven and earth, the Creator of all things from the beginning;

I love you all lots! Thanks for the continuous prayers and support! England is amazing. I love being a missionary! 

English Vocab 
Package- Parcel  (as in, "mom plz send me a parcel") xoxo

Sister Gilland💕





No comments:

Post a Comment