Monday, February 4, 2019

We'll Sing and We'll Shout

Well it's been absolutely freezing here. England doesn't know what to do with snow because they never get any so when it does come, nobody shovels or plows or anything (because they don't have shovels or plows or anything) so everything just gets super slippery and ice doesn't really help the uncoordinated so I've slipped twice so far. So hoping it warms up soon!

It's been an insanely quick week. We had District Council Tuesday and afterwards we had Amina's baptismal interview... She passed! Also Libby back in St Helen's passed as well so they're both good to go! Amina turned 9 on Saturday so we got her a little gift and made some cake, it was lots of fun. She's looking forward to this Saturday, as are we! Should be a crazy upcoming week.

We've been calling up people in the area book lately and seeing if they would be able to meet up for a lesson and most have said yes so we've just been meeting and teaching all sorts of new people. We taught Liam again on Thursday about the Plan of Salvation and he liked it. He's very philosophically minded so he entertains most beliefs and considers everything. Also our friend Waleed from Sudan is amazing! He is literally so prepared and just wants to know more and more. We gave him a book of Mormon in Arabic and his face just lit up. He read Moroni's promise and said "So what this says is if I read it, and ask God if it's true, with a sincere heart, he will answer me?" and we told him yes and he was like "I can't wait to find out for myself and become a better person along the way". He's so precious I love teaching him so much!
On Sunday, we got to attend a new member fireside with Espoir. It was an especially good one. Some amazing stories were shared and the spirit was so strong. The closing hymn was "the Spirit of God" and when we all sang, it was like electric. The spirit was so intense you just couldn't deny it!

Well over the last week or so, I was challenged to write/draw what the Plan of Salvation means to me on one page. This was an amazing activity and I really loved studying about God's plan for me and all his children. I'm grateful for this plan and grateful I get to share it with those around me!
Hebrews 5:9 And being made perfect, he [Jesus Christ] became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him.

Love you all! Have a good week!

Sister Gilland
England Manchester Mission




No comments:

Post a Comment