Tuesday, February 12, 2019

Temple, Two Baptisms, Transfers, & TRAINING!

Crazy week people! We got the call Saturday morning from President informing me that I'm training a new missionary. It's also my last transfer. This is exactly how I wanted to end my mission so I couldn't be happier! We had Train the Trainers Sunday night and I pick up my greenie tomorrow!

On Thursday we got to go to the temple with our recent convert Christine. So many miracles took place for this to happen. We were worried that Christine would get nothing out of the temple because she doesn't speak any English and her 9 year old daughter couldn't come help translate. When we got there, there was a man who spoke swahili! He explained everything and we just watched her face light up. It was so special.

Amina
Amina is the cutest and probably the smartest little 9 year old I know. She speaks perfect English and swahili and was the key to her mom, Christine's conversion. When we taught Christine, Amina would translate the lessons. As she did so, she started to realise herself that it was true. Her testimony started to grow. She absolutely loves primary and learning. She told us that one day she wants to be a missionary. She is amazing!

Libby
I'm sure you all know about the famous Libby but if not, I'll catch you up. Libby is a direct result of following a simple prompting. I first saw Libby whilst we were having a lesson with our friend in McDonald's and she was working a shift there. She caught my eye for some reason so I went up and talked to her for a couple of seconds. I felt prompted to leave a note with our name and number on the table when we left. She ended up texting us that very night. For that day forward, we cultivated an amazing friendship. We watched the light of the gospel touch Libby's life and saw and incredible change in her. She began reading the scriptures and praying seeking to get her answer. It took a few months but as she continued studying and learning and reflecting on the little coincidences that occured, she realised that God was with her all along. He never left her and he never will. The boiler in St Helen's was broken so they held the baptism in a neighboring town called Warrington. When they got there, the boiler was also broken in Warrington. The chapel was so cold, you could see your breath so you can imagine how cold the font was. But despite that, it was amazing to watch and the spirit was just incredible.

I've been reading in 2 Nephi and chapter has become one of my favourites. In verse 41 and 47 we are reminded how crucial our Saviour is in this plan and how desperately we need him.
"41 O then, my beloved brethren, come unto the Lord, the Holy One. Remember that his paths are righteous. Behold, the way for man is narrow, but it lieth in a straight course before him, and the keeper of the gate is the Holy One of Israel; and he employeth no servant there; and there is none other way save it be by the gate; for he cannot be deceived, for the Lord God is his name.
47 But behold, my brethren, is it expedient that I should awake you to an awful reality of these things? Would I harrow up your souls if your minds were pure? Would I be plain unto you according to the plainness of the truth if ye were freed from sin?"
We are all imperfect people. But because of Christ, we all have the potential to arrive to our Heavenly Father but we must utilise the keeper of that gate, Jesus Christ. There is no other way.

When we were at the temple, myself and my companion did baptisms and we of course weren't wearing our badges on our jump suits. When I introduced myself to others, I kept pointing to where my badge would normally be. I felt so empty without it. I've gotten too used to having a badge and I never want to take it off. I can't believe how fast the time is going. I really hope things slow down. I can't wait to see what this transfer brings.

I love you all.

Sister Gilland
England Manchester Mission






No comments:

Post a Comment