Monday, February 18, 2019

Dream Team

On Wednesday we all met at the Manchester stake centre to meet the new missionaries and be introduced to our new companions! I'm training Sister Buck from Nephi, Utah. She and I are so similar it's scary. We also have like 10 friends in common haha. She is so excited to be here and start strong. I literally want to extend my mission a transfer so I can finish training her. She's amazing. Dream Team for sure.

Literally prayed so hard that Sister Buck and I's first lesson together would run smoothly so that she could see how a lesson is supposed to go. We taught our friend Anthony and it was AMAZING. Neither of us had ever taught him and so we just got to know him and then shared the plan of Salvation with him. Our mission president invited us and our trainees to extend a baptismal invitation once a week and so I thought "why not now?". When we asked him, he said something like "Its funny you mention baptism because when I was reading the scripture you just asked me to read, I actually pictured myself being baptised." Amazing! We were absolutely thrilled. He's got a long way to go but I really feel like he will one day know that these things are true.
We also taught a couple other really strong lessons. Our friend Espoir is still on date for March 2nd and his interview is this week. We are so excited for him!

Something I read in my studies was the scripture Helaman 5:9 "O remember, remember, my sons, the words which king Benjamin spake unto his people; yea, remember that there is no other way nor means whereby man can be saved, only through the atoning blood of Jesus Christ, who shall come; yea, remember that he cometh to redeem the world."
I've really tried this week to remember and reflect on the things I've learned over the last year and a bit and it's been amazing to see how coming to know our saviour really shapes and changes us into better people. It's been amazing to watch this change in people I've taught and also in myself.

Well I'm excited to FaceTime my fam for the last 6 Mondays of my mission! 😂 I can't believe how many things have changed in the church since I've been out. It's actually crazy to me. I wish I could FaceTime you all but I'll see you soon enough. Have a wonderful week everyone!

Sister Gilland
England Manchester Mission

Pics
Libby and Sean came and visited me in Whitefield!
Me and sister buck thought we'd match our first sunday.
Valentines Day😘
Another selfie with sista buck.




No comments:

Post a Comment