Monday, December 10, 2018

When It Rains, It Pours!

So in England it tends to rain... When I got my call to England, I thought it would rain every day of my mission. But it hasn't! It definitely rains a lot but not every day and I've actually been surprised by how much it doesn't rain. However, this week it rained ALL DAY EVERY DAY. So it's been fun.

It's been another good week. The days just seem to fly, not very much happened this week but it still felt like such a quick week. Sister McKinnon and I both got a cold at the same time #companionshipunity. We weren't sick enough to stay in the flat but it definitely slowed us down. Our investigators are all kind of at a stand still to be honest. Just trying to get them to progress!

We had one day this week where 4 of our lessons fell through, it was pouring rain, freezing cold and we were both super ill. Nobody wants to listen to us in general, let alone in the rain so we weren't talking to many people. Just a rough day that sucks in the moment. I read a talk later that day that most of yall have probably read by Elder Holland in Oct 1999 called "An High Priest of Good Things To Come". If the title doesn't sound familiar this quote will. "Don’t give up. Don’t you quit. You keep walking. You keep trying. There is help and happiness ahead. You keep your chin up. It will be all right in the end. Trust God and believe in good things to come.”. Sometimes I look around me and everyone just looks so sad and it just makes me want to shout this quote from the rooftops. Heavenly Father gives us these little hard moments to stretch us and and help us grow not to stunt our growth and make us miserable! So keep going and know that there really are good things to come.

I hope you're all doing well and getting ready for the Christmas season. We have the Mission Christmas Party on Wednesday. Still can't believe it's that time of year again. So grateful to have TWO Christmases on my mission! I love you all and miss you dearly. Have a good week!

Sister Gilland
England Manchester Mission 🇬🇧

Frog I picked up
Just 2 sick missionaries



No comments:

Post a Comment