Monday, December 17, 2018

An EMM Christmas Part 2

Well this week we were still ill so we were pretty slowed down but we continued to work hard. It's also been upper windy and cold and wet! So great combination huh?!
On Tuesday, we got to do some service in the Town Hall and make Christmas Packages for Care Leavers and their children. We were wrapping loads of presents and jammin to Christmas music so we basically felt like elves.

Wednesday, we had the mission party. I've been looking forward to this since last year's. It was a blast. We played bingo, ate roasted pig and had a variety show. I did manage to make two appearances in the variety show. Both of which were absolute train wrecks (two skits). We ended on a spiritual note hearing the testimonies of the departing missionaries and some remarks from President and Sister McReynolds. It was a really good day!
Saturday we had the Ward Christmas Party. We had food and games and some of the members acted out the nativity. A lady in the ward literally just had a baby Wednesday so we had the perfect Mary and baby Jesus. It was a good night! Libby came with us and it was super fun!

Also, happy news... My friend Josh in Chorley baptized his two little sisters on Saturday! I only saw a picture but I was so excited for them!

Well it being Christmas and all, I read chapter 8 of Jesus the Christ. It talks all about the birth of Jesus Christ. I've had the opportunity to read a lot of Jesus the Christ on my mission and I'm hoping to finish before my times up. The part that stuck out to me was "The trustful and unsophisticated keepers of sheep had not asked for sign or confirmation; their faith was in unison with the heavenly communication; nevertheless the angel had given them what he called a sign, to guide them in their search. They waited not, but went in haste, for in their hearts they believed, yea, more than believed, they knew, and this was the tenor of their resolve: “Let us now go even unto Bethlehem, and see this thing which is come to pass, which the Lord hath made known unto us.”
May we all have the faith as that of the Shepherds this Christmas as we truly believe in the Son of God and exercise our faith continually in Him!

My next email will be Wednesday the 26th of December (aka Boxing Day!). I love you all dearly and hope you have an amazing Christ-Centered Christmas! I'm looking forward to Skyping my family on the 25th! It truly is the most magical time of year to be a missionary!

Merry Christmas!

Sister Gilland
England Manchester Mission 🇬🇧





No comments:

Post a Comment