Wednesday, December 26, 2018

A December to Remember

What a week, what a month and what an amazing Christmas! This whole month, the mission has been trying to make it a "December to Remember" using #LightTheWorld and doing all we can to progress our friends and serve the people around us. This week Sister McKinnon and I really tried to end the month with a bang. We did so many Family Home Evenings, service projects, and caroling.

๐ŸŽ„Tuesday we had district council in Wigan and did a street display there afterwards.
๐ŸŽ„On Wednesday, we got a a surprise call that we were having interviews with President McReynolds! Those went well even tho it was chaotic getting there.
๐ŸŽ„On Friday/Saturday, we went on exchanges with the Liverpool Sisters. I got to go with Sister Takata from Japan! She's like 4 feet tall and I love her with all my heart. We had such a fun time together. We also worked a lot together as a district and zone doing street displays in Liverpool. 
๐ŸŽ„On Sunday, we had the Special Sunday Service. Church was only one hour long and then we had the Primary do a Nativity Presentation--precious hahah they sang the song "If I were A Shepherd" and Sister McKinnon and I couldn't hold it together and were in tears at the end. Everyone go look it up.
๐ŸŽ„On Christmas Eve we had a district Council and then lunch together and then a street display promoting #LightTheWorld!. After that, we had a Carol Concert. I'm so blessed to have had TWO amazing Carol Concerts. It's just a big presentation the choir puts together and we all sing Christmas carols. It's an English tradition but not every ward in the mission does them but the two I've been at for Christmas do! #blessed
๐ŸŽ„On Christmas Day, we opened our one million presents from the sweet saints of Saint Helen's and then we went to Libby's in the afternoon and a member family, the Brownbills in the evening. It was also wonderful to see my fam on Skype! Crazy to think next time I see them, it will be in person!
๐ŸŽ„Today (Boxing Day) we did some shopping and are headed to the James family for dinner and games!

Also something fun, my mission started a new tradition called the "EMM-athon". As Companionships, we all ran on the the 24th, 25th, and 26th to make sure we stay fit this Christmas season (lol) and we will count up all the miles ran and see if the missionaries in the years to come will beat it!

It was an insane week and I truly believe I'll never forget this Christmas. There's really no place I'd rather be than on a mission in England at Christmas time. Such a wonderful feeling to be a representative of Christ at this special time of year! Transfer calls are next Monday and I'm so nervous because I've been here 3 transfers and I've yet to be in an area longer than that so I'm afraid my times up here... I don't know tho! We'll see!

I love you all! I hope your Christmas was as amazing as mine! Merry Christmas, Happy Boxing Day, and Happy New Year!

Sister Gilland
England Manchester Mission ๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง






No comments:

Post a Comment