Monday, July 2, 2018

Oh Lord It's A Fire

Hey everyone! This week was good! It's getting so so hot right now. Since I've been here, the winter was unusually freezing and the summer has been unusually HOT. So I guess I'm just super lucky. Also I totally made fun of British people for complaining about the heat. But I've since repented and learned that a dry Texas or Utah heat is 10 times more bearable than a muggy humid England heat. Anything close to 80 degrees feels like death! Also something kinda scary is the amount of fires we've had the past week! It's insane. We haven't had a proper rain in a month! This isn't the England I imagined!

Well Cassandra, our friend who had her records removed years ago is getting baptised! We don't know when because the bishop wants to meet with her and evaluate but probably this month! I'm excited for her. We had a great lesson with her and shes so ready. Her and her husband came to church on Sunday! Well other than that, our lesson we were meant to have with Josh got cancelled but we hope to meet with him this week!

Little update on Pat, for those who remember, Pat is a recent convert who I taught in my first area. She recently has been diagnosed with brain cancer and the doctors gave her 6 months to live. As upsetting and as hard as it is, I take comfort in the fact that God has a plan. I know her faith will get her through the remainder of her mortal life. I love that crazy lady and I feel so blessed to have gotten to know her so well. Keep her in your prayers.

To close, I just want to share quote from our investigator Cassandra that I loved, "If you look in the past you get depressed. Look in the future, you get stressed. But if you look where you are right now, guess what... **cue British accent** It's just lovely!" I love that. So often I find myself dwelling on the past or fearing the future but it's rare for me to be happy in the now. My challenge to you all and to myself this week is to find happiness wherever you are at this very moment right now!

Love you all!

Sister Gilland
England Manchester Mission

Pics are from our Pday hiking the Darwin Watchtower and the chorley temple surrounded by the burning hill from behind.




No comments:

Post a Comment