Monday, July 9, 2018

Happy Birthday to America, the Original "Brextremists"

So apparently the only thing the brits celebrate in regards to the 4th of July is the fact that they got rid of us 'Arrogant Americans' ! I've never felt so loved!! This week went pretty well. The heat wave is still happening. Yall it's only rained ONE TIME in the past 2 months. I feel like I'm in Midland Texas. I really miss the rain. Most the British people are starting to hate it as well.

Well we are nearing the end of another transfer. I really hope to stay in Chorley! We get calls next Monday. By the way my pday will be Tuesday next week so yall get an extra day to send me a heartfelt Happy Birthday Email!!

This week we had Bishop meet with Cassandra and her husband Gavin! They both want to be rebaptised soon and Bishop says they're ready! Other than that, not much to tell. We have a lot of investigators. We just can't quite get them to progress.

We had an AMAZING New Member Fireside yesterday and Chorley hosted it! This is a night when members and missionaries throughout the mission get together and Recent Converts prepare to share their conversion story. We are only allowed to go if we bring an investigator. We had THREE! I got to see some members from my last two areas! And of course all the missionaries. It was great and our investigators loved it!

This week I testify that the Holy Ghost speaks to us. On Thursday whilst walking in a park, I felt an extreme prompting to run up this hill and talk to a man. It was almost like my body listened to the holy ghost before my heart and mind did. The man probably thought I was a loon but sure enough I ran up this hill panting like a dog and had an amazing conversation him. His name is Gareth and he was so nice and wants to meet with us again and come to church this week. I could tell in his eyes that he was looking for something!
I know that each of us are given the opportunity to act on a prompting more than we think. May we all be in tune with the spirit and act on those promptings the second we get them! My challenge to you all this week is to pray to be prompted! And when you're prompted... Act on it!

Love you all, happy fourth, also... ENGLAND'S IN THE SEMI'S! LET'S GOOOO!

Sister Gilland
England Manchester Mission

Super proud of this pic

No comments:

Post a Comment