Monday, July 23, 2018

Make England Green Again!

Hello everyone! It's been a doozy week but we made it through! We finally got some rain! However, I think the gloomy weather put all the Brits in a bad mood unfortunately haha. But we definetly need the rain. The green grass is back! It was starting to feel like I was back in west Texas. Also I heard Trump was in England last week so that's where the title of my email came from (clever I know).

We are buzzin about our investigator Josh. He's 17 and he is so ready! He just gets it. He comes to church and agrees with everything and has so many intelligent comments and views. He gets along so well with the ysa members and everyone already treats him like family. We taught him the Gospel of Jesus Christ on Friday and invited him to be baptised. He's not committed to a date but he is sincerely praying to know what date the Lord wants him to get baptised. He was telling us that he wants to be baptised in the River Ribble which is where the first saints of Great Britain were baptised (just about 10 minutes away from me). So keep him in yalls prayers!

Sunday was kinda a struggle. The member scheduled to take Josh to church flaked and we weren't aware until second hour because we have Relief Society first (because 4 wards in 1 chapel). Other than that, my companion and I were both asked to speak in one of the wards and I spoke on how personal prayer can give us strength.

This week was really hard, finding wise. Nobody seemed to want listen to us. I talked to this man at a street display for about 30 minutes and he just bashed me which normally just rolls off my shoulders but for some reason, it really put me in a sad mood the rest of the day. He just kept insisting that faith was all rubbish and not logical and the feelings that I get from the spirit can all be explained by science. He was super pleased with the fact that Europe is becoming extremely atheist he just wouldn't let me get a word in. The longer I've been on a mission, the more I've come to appreciate the gospel and I just wish so badly people would listen to us. A scripture I found in my study this week in 1 Nephi 22: (the whole chapter is a 10/10 go read it!)
11 Wherefore, the Lord God will proceed to make bare his arm in the eyes of all the nations, in bringing about his covenants and his gospel unto those who are of the house of Israel.
12 Wherefore, he will bring them again out of captivity, and they shall be gathered together to the lands of their inheritance; and they shall be brought out of obscurity and out of darkness; and they shall know that the Lord is their Saviour and their Redeemer, the Mighty One of Israel.

We live in a dark and obscure time. I'm so grateful for this promise that one day, everyone across the world will come to know Heavenly Father and His son Jesus Christ, as I have. I'm grateful to be able to share my testimony with people here in England even when they're too stubborn to listen ;) I know that they're not rejecting me, they're rejecting who I represented and He already paid the price for that rejection.

I love my Saviour and I love you all! Happy Pioneer Day tomorrow to all my Utah friends!

Sister Gilland
England Manchester Mission

My birthday pictures took precedence over last week's photos so these are like two weeks old sorry.



No comments:

Post a Comment