Monday, June 25, 2018

There is a God- England's in the Quarters!

Hello all! It's been another great week in Chorley. Lots of finding, lots of miracles, and as always-lots of tea appointments. England is also doing better than expected in the World Cup which makes for some happy (and very drunk) Brits. 

This week we had Zone Conferences so Chorley and Ashton Zones got together with President and had a good day of learning how to help people make and keep commitments. I saw like my entire MTC group and it was good to be reunited with all them.

This week we had a miracle! On my first day in Chorley, we texted a woman whom we thought was less active but later find out that she had her records removed from the Church 8 years ago. Her name is Cassandra and she politely told us she was no longer a member and didn't want a visit from missionaries. Well on Thursday morning, 3 weeks later, she texted us asking if we could come over! We went over that afternoon and heard her whole life story and she expressed to us her desire to return. We are going back this week. She's amazing!

Another miracle that happened was on Sunday! The other Chorley Sisters gave us a referral of a kid named Josh. We messaged him and invited him to stake conference Sunday and sorted out a lift for him. It was a miracle he even made it. The member giving him a lift waited like 20 minutes for him and drove away but felt prompted to go back so he did and found him! It was super chaotic but luckily he made it to church! And he was even wearing a shirt and tie! He loved the meeting and we are teaching him the restoration this week! 

Even though we've been doing loads of finding and not a lot of teaching, I know the lord will bless our efforts soon enough. I've been on my mission long enough to plant MANY seeds and also to see the blessings of harvesting them. I just recently found out that a man I talked to on Oxford Rd (back in the days I was in Manchester YSA) is dated for baptism. I never thought a 10 minute conversation would lead to a miracle like that. I invite you all to plant a seed this week. 
D&C 6:33 Fear not to do good, my sons, for whatsoever ye sow, that shall ye also reap; therefore, if ye sow good ye shall also reap good for your reward.

Sister Gilland
England Manchester Mission

Pics

Hiking waterfalls/nearly dying
Selfie in the abandoned mine
Waterfall pic
#Views Can you spot the temple?? 
Ashton and Chorley Zone (I'm seated front row 2nd on far right)
Another Zone Conference Pic with the cute Sisters


No comments:

Post a Comment