Monday, June 18, 2018

Hay Fever and HALF WAY FOLKS

Nine months down and nine to go! Hello everyone and Happy Father's Day to my old man! This week went pretty great! I hit my halfway mark on Wednesday but unfortunately spent some of it in the flat with hay fever (allergies) and oh my heck it killed me! But I can't believe I'm halfway through such an incredible journey.

So on Monday after pday, we went right into exchanges with the Sister Training Leaders which couldn't have come at a better time! I needed lots of tips on working in this area and working well with my companion. I got to go with Sister Pogisho (from Namibia) which was fantastic because I love her so much and she's dying (going home) this transfer. At the STLs flat I slept on the WORST mattress of my life and legit got 2 hours of sleep and felt completely wrecked with allergies the entire next day. I hit the sack at 9pm that night and woke up (on my half way mark) still feeling bad so I stayed in the flat for a couple of hours. But I absolutely hate being in the flat so we went out and worked. It made me think of when Gordon B Hinckley was serving his mission in Preston (which I live like 10 minutes away from btw) and he too was struggling with allergies and contemplating going home because he felt like he was wasting everyone's time and money. His father then wrote him the famous letter and instructed him to "Forget himself and go to work". I love the scripture in Mark 8:35 "For whosoever will save his life shall lose it; but whosoever shall lose his life for my sake and the gospel’s, the same shall save it". Now it's a lot easier said than done but lately I've really seen the blessings of losing myself in this amazing work.

I had my first regular Sunday and it was great! Got to introduce/bear my testimony twice to my two wards. Coming on a mission destroys any fear of public speaking my friends. We had church from 9 to 5 and I was exhausted afterwards.

Today we are going on a hike with the elders and one of the bishops and I'm so pumped to see all the rolling hills of beautiful Chorley!

Love you all, have a great week!


Sister Gilland
England Manchester Mission


Last pday at the park feeding ducks and swans. Fun fact: Every swan in the UK is owned by the Queen!
Random mansion
What I missed out on - England MTC
Note card creds to @AnnaClaireSmith
The prettiest temple



No comments:

Post a Comment