Monday, June 11, 2018

Full Time Missionary, Part Time Temple Tour Guide

Hello everyone! My first week in my new area was amazing! Mom you'll be happy to know that I went from the most dangerous part of my mission to the safest! Nothing happens in Chorley! Also our chapel is right next to the Chorley Temple so good vibes all around. I absolutely LOVE this cute town! Any of you Gilmore girls fans out there, I feel like I'm in Stars Hallow. It's cute and quirky and exactly what you picture England to be like. Not gonna lie, a huge chunk of my heart is still in Manchester but it's kind of nice to have a break from the busy city. Also, I've had more Tea (dinner) appointments in the 6 days I've been in Chorley than I had in my 4 months in YSA. Pray yo girl doesn't get fat. My companion Sister Hawkins is a sweetheart! We get on great.The work is thriving here and I'm excited to be apart of it! We actually do a lot of temple grounds tours! So basically I'm a temple Square missionary! Lol jokes.

Tuesday was a hard day. Too many tearfilled goodbyes. I was mostly sad to leave Chuyun, Chantal (recent Converts) , and the senior missionary couple from Texas, the Quinns. I know it's not goodbye forever. The Quinns literally called me two days after I left lol. And Chantal and Chuyun message me all the time. But I got so close to them and I just hated saying goodbye! You get so used to the people you're around and then you get ripped apart from them. I'm pretty sure I cried more saying goodbye to them than when I said goodbye to everyone Springville! Missions are the worst! But also the best because I know I wouldn't have met these amazing people if I hadn't come on a mission!

The wards here are fantastic. I got to meet loads of members this week and On Sunday, we celebrated the 20 year anniversary of the Chorley Temple being dedicated so all 4 Chorley wards met together and it was amazing!

I'm hitting my half way mark on Wednesday. Let that sink in everyone!

Roman's 1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth;
I'm grateful to know the true gospel of Jesus christ and even more grateful for the privilege I have to share that message with everyone around me! I've been reading in the new testament in Mark and one of my favourite sentences popped up "Lord, I believe; help thou mine unbelief". It makes me think of that Elder Holland talk when he talked about a young man saying "I don't know the church is true, but I believe it."
I can testify that belief is the first step to conversion and as we continue believing and having faith, our belief and our faith will become stronger!

Have a good week everyone!


Love,
Sister Gilland
England Manchester Mission

I'll send more pics next week but here's our adorable clock tower that rings every 15 minutes! Also knocking on a catholic church :)


No comments:

Post a Comment