Monday, November 5, 2018

Sisters Before Misters

Hello November! Well this week was good. As you all know it was Halloween which as I said last week, doesn't get celebrated too much in this country. But the 30th of October is known as Mischief Night. Basically all of the teenage thugs (British call them "Chavs") come out and cause problems (egging, robbing, damaging property, etc) . Luckily we weren't affected!

Libby is doing well! We get made fun of by her coworkers every time we set foot in McDonald's. But it's fine. She's kinda dating a kid she works with and he's actually a former investigator lol! And he's been kinda bugged that she's spending more time with us than him so she told him "Sisters Before Misters"  and I couldn't have said it better myself. We went to a fireside with her and her brother Sean and they loved it! It was amazing because Josh from Chorley spoke and he did so well and it was so good to see him! It took me back to when we were at a fireside with him months ago in Manchester and he said "I can't wait to share my testimony up there in front of everyone!". He killed it.

So on Saturday we went to a Roman Catholic Mass with our friend Steven. We told him we'd go to his church if he came to ours. He's coming next week. Let me tell yall, it was an experience. I've been to a Muslim and  Church of England church and this one was quite different. Lots of sitting, standing, and  kneeling. It was a good experience for sure but very different from what I'm used to.

Today is Bonfire Night/Guy Fawks Day/ made up holiday celebrating anarchy. Basically someone called Guy Fawks attempted to kill a member of parliament and he failed and the whole country celebrates his failure with fireworks and getting wasted! So missionaries have to be home at 6. Haha not complaining ;)

Well this week I studied the talk by Joy D Jones. She shared this quote that y'all might remember, "If you are kind, people may accuse you of selfish, ulterior motives. Be kind anyway. What you spend years building, someone could destroy overnight. Build anyway. The good you do today, people will often forget tomorrow. Do good anyway. Give the world the best you have, and it may never be enough. Give the world the best you’ve got anyway. You see, in the final analysis, it is between you and your God … anyway.”

I love you all and hope you have a wonderful week!

Sister Gilland
England Manchester Mission 🇬🇧

Pictures are from pday last week. We went to a petting zoo with libby and it was the best £4 I ever spent and I paid an additional £2 to have meerkats crawl on my head.





No comments:

Post a Comment