Monday, February 19, 2018

Five Months and Finally!

Hi everyone! This week was really good! We celebrated Chinese New Year and Valentines Day so lots of fun! Also I hit my five month mark and also got my first baptism! So exciting week!

So my Valentines Day was spent at Zone Conference! I really love Zone Conference because I learn so much and just want to better myself as a missionary so it was a good day! After Zone Conference, my companion and I met with a few YSA sisters and we all had a 'Galentines Day' Dinner and then went out finding! So fun!

On Thursday, all us missionaries and a lot of the YSA members did a street display to invite people to our Chinese New Year Party that we had on Friday. It was so fun to do it with the members. I think in total, we as a district got like 20 new investigators. So good! The next day was the party and it was such a good turn out! Since like half the YSA Ward is Chinese, we had lots of authentic Chinese food and games and it was so fun!

We taught our friend Lucy from London the restoration on Friday and she loved it. She had lots of really good questions. She is learning right now because she's just curious about us but I'm confident that she'll soon see that what we're teaching is true. She came to church on Sunday and loved it. I'm excited to see her progress!

Saturday, my golden investigator in my previous area, Pat was baptized! I was in the best mood that day. Even though I was sad that I was unable to attend the baptism, my heart was so full of love for this gospel and my sacred opportunity to share it here in England. I was able to call Pat before and I could tell in her voice how excited and ready she was. I can't even express how happy I am to be apart of her conversion. She is amazing! I didn't think that I'd hit my 5 month mark before I got my first baptism but I have really learned that God does prepare His children. I know that God has a work for me. He has a work for all of us!

I've really come to love teaching the message of the resoration to people. I try to do it as much as I can on the street. The more I teach it, the more I know of its truthfulness. I read in Joseph Smiths History this week and couldn't get through verse 16 and 17 without tearing up.

16... "I saw a pillar of light exactly over my head, above the brightness of the sun, which descended gradually until it fell upon me.
17... When the light rested upon me I saw two Personages, whose brightness and glory defy all description, standing above me in the air. One of them spake unto me, calling me by name and said, pointing to the other—This is My Beloved Son. Hear Him!"

I've probably quoted this a million times but it hit me super hard for some reason. I'm so grateful for Joseph Smith and his work in bringing about this church- the church of Jesus Christ. I feel so blessed to be apart of this work.

Anyways that was my week! Hope you're all doing well! Love yall!

Sister Gilland
England Manchester Mission

Pics:
Zone Conference
YSA Street Display
Pat's Baptism!
Shout out to my mom & AnnaClaire & Noelle for the parcels
My Welsh Tag came in! & My Mandarin Tag has been ordered! #Trilingual

No comments:

Post a Comment