Monday, March 18, 2019

The Time is Far Spent; There is Little Time Remaining

Well as of last Wednesday I've been serving for 18 months, so I'm officially in overtime! I'm so grateful to have an extra 2 weeks!

On Tuesday we had the usual District Council. Wednesday and Thursday, nothing much happened, on Friday, we got a text informing us that we'd be having interviews that afternoon with President and Sister McReynolds. It was so good to see them! On Saturday, we spent a lot of the day preparing for our ward activity a Lip Sync Battle. Now our ward kinda has a reputation for being bad at singing (it's fine, we embrace it) so we thought a lip sync battle would be a good idea. It was the funniest night of my life. People got so into it!

As for an update on our friends that we're teaching, y'all may remember our friend, Walled...So he's super prepared and I was so excited about him but we haven't heard from him in over a month (when we called, his phone went straight to voicemail) but I had remembered him saying that he worked in a hotel in a small town in our area so we asked some members to give us a list of hotels in the area (there was only 3) and we went looking for him. Found him at the first one we went to. Well we found his coworkers (one of them may or may not have proposed to sister buck) but in the end, we got walled's new number and we are going to see him again! We weren't able to see Ian and Margaret because they were ill. Our friend Anthony is still flaking on us most of the time but he said he's coming to my last Sunday so I hope he doesn't let me down.

Sister Buck and I are up to the best part of the Book of Mormon, when the Saviour comes in 3 Nephi. I always love to put myself in the shoes of the people in the Americas enduring all these crazy signs anxiously awaiting for Christ. And before he comes, he says a few things, but one scripture really stuck out to me.
3 Nephi 9:14 "Yea, verily I say unto you, if ye will come unto me ye shall have eternal life. Behold, mine arm of mercy is extended towards you, and whosoever will come, him will I receive; and blessed are those who come unto me."
The Saviour in the midst of all the chaos that had just occurred invited everyone to come unto Him. It amazes me how his love is so unchanging. Even though we live in a chaotic crazy world, the invitation to follow him is always there. I really love that.

That's pretty much been my week. We've got an insane week with District Council, First 5 Weeks, Departing Temple Trip, and my Exit Interview. I can't believe it's my last full week as a missionary! You'll hear from me one last time on Tuesday because of transfers. Love you all lots! Have a wonderful week!

Sister Gilland
England Manchester Mission

Pictures:
-Went to the Peak District for pday last week-Amazing!
-Nandos with #crew
-Turns out the sketchiest part of my area has a Temple Square
-Happy Pi Day






No comments:

Post a Comment