Monday, March 4, 2019

Let the "Lasts" Begin

Well it's been an incredible week full of craziness, laughs, and tears. Missions are amazing. We had Zone Conference and a baptism!     
   
Just to recap you all on our friend Espoir, here is his conversion story:   
Espoir was found while we were teaching his mom and sister Christine and Amina. As we taught this family, Espoir didn't seem too interested until we started including him more and asking him questions to get him involved. As he answered them, we realised that he did in fact have a testimony of Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. He decided that he too, wanted to enter the waters of baptism just as his sister and mom had. He is looking forward to receiving the priesthood and baptising the rest of his family later on! He loves church and activities and is excited to be apart of the Whitefield Ward family.   
Espoir's Baptism was on Saturday! It was really good. Sister Buck and I both gave 5 minute talks. The entire baptism was under 45 minutes. It was a good time!   
   
On Thursday, Sister Buck and I went to Chorley for Zone Conference. My LAST Zone Conference. It was sos amazing. The theme of it was Improving our personal and companionship studies so that we may be better teachers. I learned loads and it was fantastic to be reunited with my mission friends. At the end of the meeting, myself and two sisters gave our Departing Testimonies. I managed to hold it together and get through it with no tears surprisingly but my voice was definitely shaking haha. I swear my trainer Sister Menlove was just giving hers! I can't believe how fast the times gone honestly. Such a bitter sweet moment. After Zone Conference, Sister Buck and I were talking to President and he asked Sister Buck if she's ready for me to go and she just started crying haha 😂 #toosoon.     

We also attended my last New Member Fireside. It was a miracle we were even able to go but we managed to go with our friend Jade. The spirit was absolutely incredible. I'm really gonna miss going to those.
   
My good friend, Sister Dunlavy shared in her Departing Testimony a quote that really stuck out to me. "A mission isn't a saving ordinance but for me it may as well have been." It got me thinking of a scripture I'm sure I've shared before (cuz it's one of my favs), Mark 8:35     
"For whosoever will save his life shall lose it; but whosoever shall lose his life for my sake and the gospel’s, the same shall save it."   
I'm so so grateful for choosing to serve a mission. I know it is something I'll never forget. It's been a blast and I'm grateful to have 3 more weeks!     
   
I know that this is the Lords work, I know that as we lose ourselves in His service, we are saved.   
   
Love you all have a good week!


Sister Gilland
England Manchester Mission

Pics:
Meat n Potatoe pie, an English classic.
Mother daughter pics
LAST Zone Conference
Espoir's Baptism
Today for pday we went to the Manchester United Stadium










No comments:

Post a Comment