Monday, September 10, 2018

Zone Conference With Elder Moreria

Wow what a week it's been! On Wednesday, we had Multi Zone Conference with the North half of the mission. It was held in Chorley so its like I never left ;) We had the privilege to hear from an area seventy Elder Joaquim J. Moreira. He's from Portugal and was so funny and so interesting to listen to. I feel like we talked about every area of missionary work but mostly focused of planning. It was a quite the spiritual kick in the pants and exactly what I needed to hear. I set so many goals for myself to make these last 6 months of my mission my best. I also got to see 6/7 of my last companions (the missing one is home now) so that was a fun reunion.

Just an update on Josh in Chorley! He's doing so well. I saw him at the Liverpool fireside last week in Chorley and I got to talk to Sister Hawkins at Zone Conference about him and he's been helping the missionaries proselyting at the street displays. He's still dated for the 22nd. I'm hoping to be able to attend. But if not, I'll be skypin haha.

As for the work in st Helen's, we have two people on date, Ray and Steven but Ray has been dogin us lately and Steven is on holiday so we might have to move their date. The challenge in this area is to get people to progress. But we have loads to teach!

On Saturday, we did an amazing street display with the district. As a mission, we are still doing this 21 day challenge to get people to read The Book of Mormon. For the street display we printed out pages of the Book of Mormon and encouraged people to highlight every time the see a mention of Jesus Christ or Heavenly Father. This went so well and people were so touched to take part. The Book of Mormon speaks for itself!

Whilst taking part in the 21 Day challenge, a scripture jumped out at me on day 4.The question was "How can my sins be forgiven?" the scripture was Alma 36:1-24 and I just loved the idea that "[his] soul was filled with joy as exceeding as was [his] pain" because he cried unto the lord for a remission of his sins. I think that answers the question perfectly. Our Heavenly Father loves us so much and wants us to be happy. The great plan of the atonement allows us to feel that joy always!

I love you all! Have a wonderful week!


Sister Gilland
England Manchester Mission 🇬🇧

Pics of St Helen's and zone conference. My sweet Sister Fielding is going home!





No comments:

Post a Comment