Tuesday, August 28, 2018

Lookout Liverpool!

Forgot to mention, pday is on Tuesday this week because transfers mess everything up. So for the transfer news.... We got the call yesterday! I'M GOING TO LIVERPOOL. Well sorta... It's in Liverpool stake! My area is called St. Helen's and I've heard wonderful things! I am so gutted my time in Chorley was so short but on to a new chapter! My new companion is Hermana Escalon from MEXICO! 🇲🇽 The only mexican in the mission so I'm pumped. She just got done training so she's been on her mission for just 3 months! I leave Chorley tomorrow 😓.

Well because of the transfer news, it's hard to think of what happened the rest of the week! We made a baptismal calendar for Josh who is dated for the 22nd of September (a week before he heads to Uni). He made a Facebook event for it (lol isn't that our job?). But hes so solid. We've taught most of the lessons. We are just finishing up the commandments with him. We taught him on Friday and my good friend, Chantal (Manchester YSA) was visiting Chorley so she fellowshipped! It was so good to see her. We pretty much spent the day with her so that was so fun because I've missed her so much!

One of my favourite things about England at the moment is the billions of blackberries everywhere! Seriously every street has at least a row of bushes. And everyone's allowed to pick them! We've been making ourself sick eating so many! It's honestly the best!

Well my heart hurts a bit because I just don't feel ready to leave this area. Chorley will forever hold a place in my heart. I have grown and learned so much in these 3 months. But I sustain President McReynolds and I know that St Helen's is where I need to be now! Ugh. Missions are so bitter sweet! This is the scripture I found this week in my studies.

Mosiah 26:18 Yea, blessed is this people who are willing to bear my name; for in my name shall they be called; and they are mine.
20 Thou art my servant; and I covenant with thee that thou shalt have eternal life; and thou shalt serve me and go forth in my name, and shalt gather together my sheep.

I'm so grateful to be called of the lord to gather his sheep. I've been blessed to do that in 3 amazing area and now Im on to my 4th. Its been an emotion 24 hours and I know it's going to be such a hard day leaving tomorrow but my calling doesn't change and my responsibilities are the same. I know without a doubt this is the lords work. The miracles I've seen in the short 12 weeks I've been here are my proof.

Sister Gilland
England Manchester Mission

Pictures probably not in this order....
-pretty rainbow at a pretty park
-Chav pic with josh
-this horrible watch is a Chorley tradition! Every true Chorley missionary is gifted one by a member! Thanks Jack!
-picture with our cute 80 year old investigator, Stella!
-Chantal wearing my badge!
-Chantal pt 2
-I'll sure miss Sister read!





No comments:

Post a Comment