Monday, August 13, 2018

The Gospel Means Forever Fresh Starts

Well this week was extremely special because our dear friend Cassandra and her husband Gavin were baptised! If you don't remember my first day in Chorley, Cassandra and Gavin were labeled as investigators in our area book so we messaged them and they politely declined us. We later found out from Bishop that they were once members who had removed their records a few years ago. Well a week later, Cassandra invited us over and she told us that they wanted to come back. We, et with them several times and they started coming to church. On Wednesday, they were rebaptised. Sorry no pics included because they wanted it to be private. It was such a testimony to me that the gospel really means forever fresh starts for everyone. Even when we forsake God, he never forsake us. He has never left us and he never will. I'm grateful to have watched these two grow in the gospel!

Josh is still doing good, he was in Wales all week so not much to update but we still messaged every day! 

Miracle this week happened on Tuesday! We met this man called Gordon. He's older, and basically told us how alcohol has ruined his life and he'd lost all hope of ever giving it up. The spirit took over me and I just said, "Gordon, what if I promised you, that God could help you give up alcohol. I've watched this gospel change the lives of so many and I know it can do the same for you." He didn't really belive me am we just went on our way but the next day whilst tracting, we got a call from Gordon and he told us that he really had nothing to lose at this point and wanted to give it a shot.

We did exchanges this week, and I got to go with Sister Poussard from France🇨🇵! We bonded a lot because both our dads served here in England and she lives in the mission my brother in law served in (shout out to Miles). She so great and I learned a lot. We found 3 investigators together. Exchanges bring miracles!

Well that was pretty much my week! I love you all loads! My scripture this week is found in 2 Nephi 22:2 "Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and not be afraid; for the Lord Jehovah is my strength and my song; he also has become my salvation."
I think the sooner we realise we can't do this life alone, the sooner we develop a relationship with God. My mission has helped my relationship with my Heavenly Father grow so much! I invite you all to pray to develop a relationship with God this week! 

Lots of love!
ister Gilland
England Manchester Mission

Pics are from last pday the Elders nearly setting the church on fire & a horse drawn carriage Casually parked outside a wedding! Went to the beach to celebrate my 11 month mark!





No comments:

Post a Comment